
Is it possible to be addicted to ..... exercise?
In January me and my crew at the Fire Dept. started the P90X program. You may have seen it on late night infomercials with titles like, "get ripped in 90 days", or "P90X extreme workout". I considered myself in pretty good shape going into this and was honestly a little wary of a DVD workout (I still half expect Richard Simmons to jump into the screen at any minute with his flashy tank tops and headbands to start Sweatin' to the Oldies!) But now about 6-weeks into the program I have to say, I LOVE IT!! The workout plan constantly switches things up to keep your muscles confused and resist reaching a plateau. It is a butt-kicker and I haven't been this sore for a long time. In addition to the weight-lifting exercises there are a lot of cardio workouts like Plyometrics (jump training), Kempo (a martial arts style workout) and Yoga. I've certainly noticed results and have dropped some pounds too. This isn't a great workout for beginners, but if you're already fairly fit it's awesome. The only other drawback is the time committment it takes. One hour a day (seven days a week) doesn't seem like much, but by the time you get into the workout, finish, cool down, shower and eat, it's easily been over two hours, which can be tough to fit into the day sometimes. However, I now find that if I don't workout in the morning I start to get grumpy (maybe my body is craving the endorphin rush?). Anyway, if anybody is looking for a way to change up their current routine, I highly recommend this one.
Decide, Commit, Succeed.
In January me and my crew at the Fire Dept. started the P90X program. You may have seen it on late night infomercials with titles like, "get ripped in 90 days", or "P90X extreme workout". I considered myself in pretty good shape going into this and was honestly a little wary of a DVD workout (I still half expect Richard Simmons to jump into the screen at any minute with his flashy tank tops and headbands to start Sweatin' to the Oldies!) But now about 6-weeks into the program I have to say, I LOVE IT!! The workout plan constantly switches things up to keep your muscles confused and resist reaching a plateau. It is a butt-kicker and I haven't been this sore for a long time. In addition to the weight-lifting exercises there are a lot of cardio workouts like Plyometrics (jump training), Kempo (a martial arts style workout) and Yoga. I've certainly noticed results and have dropped some pounds too. This isn't a great workout for beginners, but if you're already fairly fit it's awesome. The only other drawback is the time committment it takes. One hour a day (seven days a week) doesn't seem like much, but by the time you get into the workout, finish, cool down, shower and eat, it's easily been over two hours, which can be tough to fit into the day sometimes. However, I now find that if I don't workout in the morning I start to get grumpy (maybe my body is craving the endorphin rush?). Anyway, if anybody is looking for a way to change up their current routine, I highly recommend this one.
Decide, Commit, Succeed.

9 comments:
Glenn, I'm sitting here after reading your post, imagining you and your whole crew "ohm"ing in warrior or child's pose and laughing-out-loud. Yoga, huh? How much does the program incorporate it? Do you do the DVDs on your own or with your crew? We heard about this program when Hyrum came down - he raved about it too. I was surprised that something that is sold off TV really works and isn't just a scam. Good luck with it! Sounds great! Just don't let all the progress go to your head, like in Hyrum's case. Dang skinny thighs. He wouldn't stop showing them off.
If the result is skinny thighs then count me in! Seriously I've never heard of the program- might have to look it up. I wonder if Skip would like it.
I want to try it, I think - if I need to stay home to watch it on the TV I would probably just sit and watch it. I guess it might be better to do the same oh same that I'm doing right now.
I admit I'd feel a little foolish "ohm-ing" with the dudes at work. However it's a kick to see guys tumble when they can't hold one of the yoga positions long enough or lose their balance! Skip would probably love the program Em!
Oh my gosh you too!!!!!!!! That's all Hyrum talked about when he was here! That and his skinny thighs! haha I wanna try it though cause I need a butt kicker. Oh and I think I'm addicted too cause when I got in my accident and couldn't work out I missed it so bad! Love working out!
Just have to say- love the arm rolls on your little princess!
Chris wants me to do this with him. I think he's crazy!
k, i do "p-niner" is what i've decided to call it...i do niner b/c the guy is pretty smokin' HOT!
Hey Glenn, is that a picture of you? Ha ha.
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love your M&M philosophy.
Post a Comment