Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

This morning I went and stood in line to vote, and couldn't help but think about how lucky we are to actually have the ability to vote for the people we'd like to have as our leaders. I've had LOTS of debates with family and friends about the issues that we're voting about, and while we haven't always agreed, it has been refreshing learning experience. I have paid more attention to this years' presidential campaigns than ever before. I also have had to decide for myself where I stand on many issues that I never really thought through in the past. As I researched and tried to become more educated I found myself more firmly entrenched in some of my original views and had a 180-degree turn of opinion on some others. Is there a perfect canidate? No, probably not. But just by learning more about how the world works and trying to find the people that can change things for the better has been a great experience. With some relief it ends today though, whoever wins will be announced tonight and then we will start living a new chapter in American History.
GO VOTE!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh there is a perfect candidate who happens to have a perfect vice president. Their names? Wilson and Wilson baby 2012!! Me and Taber are going big next time! Vote like you mean it! They won't find nothing on me! Muahaha

GS Wilson said...

Does that mean Taber is changing majors again??