Friday, February 27, 2009

MFD Chili cookoff

City of Meridian - 2009 Chili Cook Off Highlights

We recently held the first annual Meridian Fire Dept. Chili cookoff. In the past the City has put on this event, but this year they kind of dumped it on us - knowing we'd probably do a pretty good job with it. In all it went great! The weather was great for the event, there was great community participation and everybody had a great time.
The proceeds from this go into our Burn Out fund which helps us financially take care of families that lose their homes to fire. Some of the monies will also go to our Pipes and Drums band. (Have I mentioned that I'm learning to be a drummer in the band, and yes at some point there will be pictures posted here of me in a kilt).
The whole family attended this event, but Dylan stole the show - you'll see him wearing a red fire helmet surrounded by a bunch of his "taster cups" of chili.
(I tried to post the video, but it's in wide screen format which doesn't work with my blog page.)

http://exposureroom.com/chili

2 comments:

Faye said...

Looks like it was fun! Way to go MFD, you guys put on a good event. Dylan looked like he was having a good time. I hope he picked the best chili.

Em said...

Did you dress up too? I loved the shot of Dylan with all his chili! Sure do miss you guys!