Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving


Turkey-day was a lot of fun this year! We hosted the feast and squeezed in another table so there would be enough room for everybody to sit. We had all Shawna's family along with HJ and Marge - so our little place was packed. Everybody brought their pre-assigned dish and everything was excellent! I've been doing a really good job of eating extra healthy all year, so I felt fine allowing myself a SUPER-CHEAT day. Boy did I take advantage of that - I didn't even sit down to eat until I had two full plates with me. Ahhh, good food, family and football - what more do you need?! Everybody kept talking about how we can't believe that it's already the holiday season and how this year is going to be over before we know it. Time really is flying.
One thing we somehow forgot to do was the annual sit around the table and tell what you are thankfull for. So here's some of mine. First of all, thankful for a wonderful, beautiful wife. Shawna is, by far, the best thing to ever happen to me. Next, three awesome, healthy kids. We feel so blessed to have each of them and got just what we hoped for when we found out #3 was a girl. As we look around at our immediate and extended family we realize how lucky we are to be related to all of you! Last I am so thankful to have a career that I love as a firefighter, and for the brotherhood that I'm a part of there.
Here's hoping you remembered all your blessings on turkey day and have a wonderful holiday season!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww. So sweet. The holiday season full of sweets. You gotta love it.

Em said...

Yeah so I did a little cheat- and I have to tell you it was totally worth it! I've had to run a little further and a little faster to make up for it but- oh pumpkin pie was totally worth it!

Margaret said...

I like how you didn't mention that the extra table was the kid table. which marge and i partook of. Thanks for makin us feel so young and alive. And thanks for lettin us come over and enjoy the day with you guys.
P.S. Pat Chwork says thanks too.