On Nov. 22 a group of Meridian firefighters and their families got together to participate in the annual "Rake the Town" community service project. The event focuses on people who aren't able to get around very well, and need a hand cleaning up their yards.The boys had been looking forward to "rakin' - up" all week long - we don't have a tree in our front yard to cause us to rake often, so this was a treat for them. We had more people show up to help than had been planned for, so after finishing our assigned houses we even started going door to door to ask people if we could rake up their yards too. Somebody brought doughnuts and hot cocoa and everybody was happy to be able to help out. In all, it was a blast!
We want to teach the kids the importence of community service early, so we figure our own example is about the best way to do that. Did you find us in the top pic? We're in the back holding up the kids. Here's a couple more pics from the day... (I swear Shawna was there too, there just weren't any close-ups of her taken)
Dad and Dylan with a "big scoop", helped out by our friend Mindy.

Austin havin' fun with the "rakin'"

Sadie came along for, um...moral support.


3 comments:
You have the sweetest boys! Who gets excited to do yard work? Seriously, that's adorable!!!
That is awesome that you guys are helping out the community! I think it is great that you got the boys to help.
How fun! I think the only way to get kids to do yard work is to make it fun...or to bribe them with Deli sandwiches. I still feel like I deserve a deli sandwich after cleaning all morning!
Post a Comment